|What does it cost to have a quilt professionally quilted at Sewing Concepts, Woodstock?
|Edge to Edge (Open to Moderate Density Quilting) .03 per square inch.
Custom and placed Computer Design- .05 per square inch. Add an additional $15.00 quilt turning charge for borders.
Minimum Quilting Charge: $50.00
To sew and iron - $20.00
Depends on material, and size….
Depends on brand and number of spools
To create and sew your binding to your quilt, the charge is .20 per linear inch. For example, if your quilt is 60 x 70 the total number of inches is 260. You would then multiply that by .20 = Total $ 52.00
Please be sure to iron your quilt top and backing prior to bringing them in, hang them on a hanger, If we have to press them, the charge is $15.00 for each item.
|What if I want custom quilting?
|This is quilting specifically designed for your quilt, this typically is more that one design for the blocks, center, borders and or sashing. Please call the shop @ 815.338.7754 if you want to set up an appointment to discuss custom quilting.
|How do I prepare my quilt to be quilted?
|1. Remove any loose threads and embellishments from the quilt top.
2. Press the quilt top and back, and place it on a hanger. We will need to charge extra if we have to press your items.
3. Make sure the quilt back is at least 4 to 6 inches larger on all 4 sides.
4. Please do not layer your quilt with the batting and the backing, keep all the layers separate.
5. Indicate the top of the quilt with a safety pin if applicable.
6. If your quilt is not flat and square, we will do the best we can in the quilting process to try to "quilt out" fullness.
7. We do ¼” basting stitch around your entire quilt as it is quilted to keep everything secured. It is large enough to remove if it is in the way when applying binding.
|What is the turn around time?
|Our standard turnaround time is 2-4 weeks, depending on time of year.
|Are binding services also available?
|If you want us to also bind your quilt, you need to include enough fabric for this. We will cut it – sew it together – machine attach it to your quilt.
Use this table to find the closest to your quilt size for how much fabric you would need for the binding.